Sunday, August 31, 2008

eat’n veg’n is 2!

Today is my two-year anniversary of blogging. It has been so much fun to share healthy vegan food with all of you. Aside from enjoying the camaraderie of fellow veg’ns, I want to make a special point of applauding the number of college and graduate students I’ve *met* who cook such amazing food and maintain such healthy lifestyles, all while maintaining their GPAs as well as busy social and family lives. You are truly exceptional.

A couple of items I will be using today for our celebratory dinner are:

A mango weighing nearly 2 pounds, a gift from Mexico.






A sifter that is not only a great baking aid, but was hand painted by my great aunt many many years ago.




Now I get a chance to remind you that voting in the Iron Cupcake Challenge begins today at noon!


There are several outstanding vegan entries, so be sure to *Vote Vegan* at No One Puts Cupcake in a Corner.

(In case you forgot, my entry is Texas Torpedo Cupcakes.)



See you in a couple of days!

20 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, happy 2-year bloggiversary, Diann!! So fabulous :0)

Oooh, a massive mango! Yum! And that sifter is quite nifty!

Good luck in the Iron Cupcake Challenge!! I'm off to vote :0)

Unknown said...

Happy blogiversary!

That's a whole lot of mango!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday! We are so glad you're blogging! And I love that sifter...

Vegan Vanguard said...

Happy anniversary and good luck in the contast!

The potluck will be next Sunday at 7 in south Austin, you can check out the VRA site for more details, I hope you can make it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 2 years is quite an accomplishment, I'd say.

Have a great weekend, and best of luck in the contest!

urban vegan said...

Happy Bloggy B'day!

That sifter is so lovely, Your grandma was so talented. What an heirloom.

Wishing you good luck in the contest.

julie hasson said...

Happy blog birthday.

Good luck with the cupcake contest!! Your cupcakes are gorgeous.

Amy said...

Happy 2nd anniversary!!!

Good luck with the contest :D

And mmmmm a 2 pound mango?!?! YUM!

Ruby Red said...

Happy two years! It's so nice to have you in the blogging community...

Hahaha, I would be sooo tempted to eat that entire mango. :) Not to mention the cupcake! (That frosting swirl looks perfect!)

A.M. said...

Happy blog anniversary!

That mango is huge...!

Anonymous said...

oooh thanks for the voting-reminder, and happy 2-years to you and your amazing blog, D.!

Carrie™ said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!! I always enjoy reading about your food & your family. Cool sifter BTW.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I can't think of a better way to celebrate than by munching on a ginormous mango!

VeganCowGirl said...

Happy Happy anniversary! That sifter is amazing!

Usha said...

Happy Blog Anniversary...loved the huge mango and the sifter....

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Haha how funny-- you are two and I am one! I love your blog; keep it up!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Two years! Wow! I remember when I first found your blog and thought, how cool, another vegan in Texas!

Sophie said...

These sound so yummy :)! What cute and colorful cupcakes. I was too much of a chicken to get involved in this month's contest...and when I heard what the new ingredient was, I new I had to take a plunge...still thinking about what 'fits' with basil :).

I'm so sorry I didn't comment back earlier! I don't write in my Boston blog often and usually check my food blog on a daily basis (it's Flour Arrangements :). Thanks for stopping by, though! I'll have to use your blog to stay connected to Texas! :D

Jackie said...

Sorry I am late with your Happy 2 Year Blog Anniversary congratulations. Amazing how fast time has gone the last two years since we both started blogging.

It has always been great to visit and see what an exiting meal you have created. May you keep blogging for many, many years to come.