Sunday, November 11, 2007

3 Bean 2 Nut Salad

This is a quick salad to put together and a delicious way to get your protein.

3 Bean 2 Nut Salad

Mix together in a large bowl:

1-1/2 cups (1 can) red beans
1-1/2 cups (1 can) chickpeas
½ lb. fresh cooked green beans
3 green onions, sliced
1 small or half of a large red bell pepper, sliced
1 carrot, grated
2 tablespoons (about 8 pieces) sundried tomatoes, hydrated
¼ cup sliced almonds
¼ cup chopped walnuts
juice of 1 lemon

Mix in your favorite vinaigrette and fresh herbs.


VeggieGirl said...

mmm, mmm, mmm!! this salad features my FAVORITE sources of protein, fiber, and healthy fats (almonds, walnuts, red beans, and chickpeas) - excellent salad, Diann!

Chris said...

I love lettuce-less salads! That definitely looks like a good one that we'll need to try soon.

Veganista said...

Wow, fantastic looking salad! I love bean-nut combinations too.

Amy said...

Wow -- all of the food on your page looks fantastic! I just bought my own copy of Veganomicon, so I may just have to try that soup! :)

Vegan_Noodle said...

Sounds super simple and delicious! PLus, so many variations are possible....

bazu said...

Yay for veganmofo! Great minds must think alike because I made a 3 bean salad last night- mine was nowhere nearly as colorful as yours, though!

Anonymous said...

I really do want to live at your about a Vegan Bed and Breakfast?????????????

Ashasarala said...

That looks incredibly healthy. That's the kinda meal I'd eat after feeling guilty about scarfing down a whole bag of potato chips!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

That DOES look like a superb way to get extra protein!