Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Grilling (not a party)

Yesterday's grilling plans got canceled and today's plans almost fell apart. I did manage to get a few photos of the food, but only with a cell phone. The tofu and veggie kebobs were great, as usual. We skewered tofu, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini which had marinated in light coconut milk and green curry paste.
The kebobs were served over quinoa with onions and cilantro. We also had a cold salad of fresh broccoli, broccoli slaw, sundried tomatoes, carmelized onions, garbanzos, cilantro, cumin, and fatfree garlic dressing.

I made the dessert Sat. night, so the crust was a little soggy. It was a crust of granola and applesauce pressed into a 9 x 9 pan. Then a layer of fresh strawberries. Then a topping of silken tofu, crushed pineapple, vanilla, and just a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar. You can't tell but there's a strawberry fan on top! It was very good and would have been perfect with a crunchy crust.


Since we only eat dessert on Sunday, I calculated nutrition info for 6 servings: 215 calories, 3 g. fat, 42 g. carbs, and 5 g. protein. My kind of dessert!

Since I was bored during the day, I also made a tempeh casserole. But I have so many leftovers I don't know when I'll get to try it.

No comments: