Monday, October 02, 2006

A Bittersweet Weekend

My weekend started with a food shopping spree all day Saturday. First, the farmers market, then Whole Foods, then the grand opening of a 70,000 s.f. asian supermarket. It ended with my monitor quitting on me and then contemplating whether or not to take my son to the emergency room with 103 temperature. I did get his fever down, so he wouldn't go to the ER. Right now I'm in my office and my son is with his grandparents at the doctor. I'm nervously awaiting the diagnosis.

In between all the shopping and the fretting, I prepared a huge Fiesta to celebrate Vegetarian Day. I have great pics and recipes to post later this week. Tonight I'll be at a vegan/macrobiotic cooking class and anticipate having something to share with you from that as well. I'm hoping to get my video card replaced Tuesday evening and then update my blog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your son is okay. It's hard to work when your "baby" is sick (even at 20, they're still your baby).

How did your vegan treat for your friend work out?

Emmy said...

I hope your son is ok and feels better soon. Wow, a 70,000 sq. ft. Asian Supermarket. How cool!!!

K Allrich said...

Sorry to hear about your son's scary fever. I hope he's feeling much better! [And Mama, too.]

aTxVegn said...

Thanks, everyone, for helping me worry with my son. The diagnosis is tonsillits, so he'll be better soon.

MV - I hope to post my cake recipe soon. It was yummy!

Diva - The market was way cool! And I get to go back in a few days because I just decided I need some coconut custard powder.

Jennifer C. said...

Thanks for posting comments on my blog! I can't imagine a concord grape pie. It sounds amazing. Last night I tried juicing some of the grapes with the Magic Bullet juicing attachment...NOT recommended! I ended up with concord grape pulp on my kitchen ceiling! Glad to hear your son will be okay. And can't wait to hear about your macrobiotic cooking class.

KleoPatra said...

Hope your son's feeling back to 100 percent healthy again very soon!! Tonsillitis, no fun!

The sooper sooper market sounds huge, wow!

Anonymous said...

Hope your son is better Atxvegn !

bazu said...

I'm glad your son is going to be ok... if he has to have his tonsils removed, you can make him lots of frozen smoothies and other good things! And your brussels sprouts look magnificent- I just love them, but have never tried 'peeling' them before. I hope to go to Chez Panisse sometime- I hear they have a vegetarian tasting menu...