Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beans ‘n Fries ‘n Treats

We had another dinner at mom’s on Sunday. This one was rather huge so I’ll try to keep it brief.

Everyone is invited for Sunday dinner, but we never know just who will show up.




How do you like Pierre’s mohawk?


We had two bean dishes, because I couldn’t decide which one looked better. Both are recipes from the Whole Foods Market Cookbook.

Split Lentils with Fresh Dill


It was pretty good, but I had to flavor it up a lot.


Chickpeas Florentine


This dish was super delicious, made with some home cooked chickpeas.


I also made Tofu Fries. This recipe is from V Cuisine and it turned out fabulous!

Tofu Fries


Don’t they look perfect? Chase was so happy. I also tried to create a dipping sauce similar to one at a local market. Chase thought mine was tastier, which was a good thing. I didn’t write down a recipe, which was a bad thing. But then while looking through Get It Ripe, I noticed the House Dressing looked almost exactly like what I had done, so that’s a good thing!

I brought some bread and steamed broccoli for our sides. Here’s Chase’s Plate.




I baked sweet potatoes too, and almost forget to set them out for dinner.




Told you it was a huge dinner!

Chase requested Oatmeal Cookies for dessert, so I made the ones from Vcon. I didn’t like them warm from the oven, but omg they were great the next day.

Vcon Oatmeal Cookies


I was hoping my chocolate loving brother would come for dinner (he didn’t), so just in case I made some brownies too. I made Double Fudge Brownies from Simple Treats. I thought they could have used another minute in the oven, but the eaters thought they were just right. They are definitely fudgy.



Wishing you a wonderful week!


28 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Cute pupy, fudgey brownies, amazing food... Gosh, could it get any more perfect?

Chris said...

Chickpea Florentine?? Tofu fries?! Goodness, these look seriously tasty! I am so envious of your dinners :)

ACH said...

In the immortal words of Liz Lemon: "Me want to go to there."

Lisa said...

what an awesome dinner! The chickpeas, tofu fries, and sweet potatoes are calling my name!!

Not Another Omnivore said...

I've come across so many amazing chickpea recipes today, and this looks like one more dish to make note of!

NAOmni

Katy said...

Tofu fries, cookies, AND brownies??? Sounds like it would be worth a trip to Texas just to get to eat one of your Sunday dinners. You did say everyone is invited, right? ;)

Amey said...

hoorah! I love the pictures! the food looks so good... tonight the tofu fries are really tempting me! I would eat that whole platter just now, if I could. :)

Amy said...

AWWWWWWW! I'm SO in love with Pierre!! I love his mohawk!

And mmmm brownie goodness. I wish I had some of those right now for dessert!

The whole meal looks wonderful!

Em said...

tofu fries look bomb!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could over to your house one day! People who are fed at your place are very lucky.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Love the food and PIERRE!!! :_D

Virginia said...

a lot of good things! the tofu fries with sauce look awesome...as do the brownies!

Anonymous said...

Chickpea florentine and tofu fries? And the cutest puppy on the freaking planet? Ok, I'm coming over next Sunday!

Andrea said...

Everything looks delish - but the chickpeas and tofu fries are calling my name.

Tami said...

What a Sunday! And it's ok you forgot the potatoes. That's such an amazing spread without them.

jessy said...

i am really digging the chickpea florentine and tofu fries! wow! hooray for an awesome dipping sauce, too! if you recreate it will you post the recipe?! :) i'd love to try it out! mmmmmmmmm!

i'm drooling over those brownies and your cookies, too! what a rock'n dinner, fo 'sho!

allularpunk said...

what an awesome feast! i want those tofu fries SO BAD!

jd said...

That meal looks 100% amazing!

Anonymous said...

All looks so good! And that puppy is super cute! Makes me think about getting another one. . .(and trying some of those chickpeas florentine!).

Bianca said...

I want to come to your house for dinner sometime! You always cook the biggest, bestest meals. I'll have to drag out my neglected copy of the Whole Foods cookbook for that recipe.

MeloMeals said...

those tofu fries look amazing!

Love the doggy hawk!

Anonymous said...

Man, what a killer meal! The tofu fries are sound especially good right about now..!

janelle said...

Oh wow! All the food looks delicious!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Aww, Pierre’s mohawk is adorable! What a sweet little face!

OMG the tofu fries!! They look amazing and perfect! Don't forget the sweet potatoes! :)

We had oatmeal cookies today too! Yours look fabulous!

jb said...

Ooh the chickpeas florentine looks scrumptious, as do the brownies and the cookies! Yuuuummy!

urban vegan said...

YOu are the healthiest eaters...and what a cute pooch!

Thanks so much for being a fab tester, Dianne!

Meg Wolff said...

Hi TxVegan,
I like the mowhawk, but I like the food better! Lucky Chase!! Everything looks mouth watering.

Erin said...

You and Chase and Pierre are the cutest, ever. And those tofu fries look amazing, I may have to look into getting that cookbook just for the recipe!