Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Programming Note for Tonight

VeganMoFo (from the office)

I just got this in my inbox and thought it might be of interest to some of you.

Special Announcement: Chef Ani Phyo is on the Travel Channel Tonight

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hello, Everyone,

Normally I don't send out announcements like this in the middle of the week, but chef Ani Phyo (
www.aniphyo.com) who was our featured chef last month, will be appearing on Andrew Zimmerman's Bizarre Foods: Los Angeles edition tonight at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Ani is a great chef, so take the time to check her out! Also, please contact the Travel Channel (http://www.travelchannel.com/) and thank them for featuring a vegan chef! There will be a live chat on the website with the producers after the show airs, so that's a great venue to let them know your appreciation.

Sincerely,

Jason Wyrick
Executive Chef
The Vegan Culinary Experience


At first I was upset that a vegan chef is on bizarre foods, but really it's just amusing.

This worked out nicely. I am running out of daily post material!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe it's "bizarre" because she's a raw chef? That's my guess, unless she's no longer raw.

Anonymous said...

I guess that everything is subjective - while it doesn't seem strange to me, some folks might find raw zucchini pasta as weird... I think it's good!

Anonymous said...

Could it be she's going to feature bizarre, yet vegan, foods? (eg., weird looking veggies, weird-sounding seaweeds, etc.). But I agree w/ Shellyfish--one person's bizarre is another's ho-hum!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So excited for this!!!

Amey said...

that's funny... I guess raw food is slightly bizarre? It all seems so normal to me, but my frame of reference is decidedly tweaked by now!

Bex said...

yeah they are looking at the raw food diet as bizarre but I see it as a good thing. They picked someone really nice, friendly, approachable, etc, someone who can't really be seen as strange so she will only give veganism and raw foodists some good publicity.

aTxVegn said...

I agree with you all. I'm sure Ani's raw vegan foods will seem much less bizarre than any omni foods on the show!

Sheree' said...

Darn, I should have read you blog earlier. I hope I can catch the rerun.

Erin said...

I whish I'd have seen this last week! I actually like Andrew Zimmern's show but have a hard time watching sometimes since some of what he eats is SO disgusting. I think it's funny that they consider raw vegan food "bizarre". Hey, any exposure is good exposure, right?