Saturday, October 25, 2008

VeganMoFo – Delicata Squash Bisque


This morning I overslept and had 3 hours to do house stuff before being gone all day. So I didn’t really feel like doing house stuff and decided to cook – something, anything. Since I was going to see my mom, I decided I should make something for her dinner. It’s not soup weather here, but I’ve been drawn to Vegan YumYum’s Delicata Squash Bisque ever since she posted it. And then I saw Awesome.Vegan.Rad rave about it.

I had only one small delicata, so I used it along with a small butternut squash. Like I said, I had no business trying to make a proper bisque, much less get a proper photograph of it. I didn’t get to make it as smooth as I wanted to, or make a fancy squiggle garnish either. But let me tell you, this bisque is heavenly. I just had a small bowl for dinner. It’s simply flavored, very filling, and has a lovely spice from just black pepper. I’m so used to heat from chili peppers and this was a nice reminder that spice can come from something other than hot peppers. Don’t let my photo deter you. Put this on your *must make* list.


15 comments:

Bex said...

I never know how to feel about squash recipes. I like squash but I don't love love love it so I want to eat more of it. Ok you've convinced me that I should maybe try this recipe.

Anonymous said...

I think your soup looks very inviting...like it's inviting me to come and eat it all up!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Thanks for posting about this. I think I'm going to try it soon.

Jen Treehugger said...

That photo is beautiful and does the Soup justice!
I soooo have to make this recipe.

Anonymous said...

I've been hankering after that bisque since I saw it, too, and you've definitely comvinced me! Your photo looks great (and that is a lovely squiggle!). :) YUM.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Once again, we're thinking alike (are you sending me all your creative genius energy?) because I just made a butternut squash bisque. Yum yum.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Looks good! I do love a squash soup :)

Amey said...

wow, thanks for the recommendation. I love winter squash soup so much.

Sheree' said...

I saw this over at Vegan Yum YUm too and thought hey that looks good. Now with the raving reviews I think I have to make it! Enjoy spending time with your mom.

jessy said...

i've seen this soup twice this week and twice i've drooled over it!!!! yummy! it sounds absolutely amazing and looks fantastical! what a great soup to make for you and your mom to enjoy, indeed! mmmmmmmmmm!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Your photo only makes me want it more!

allularpunk said...

ha! i told you it was delicious, buddy! thanks for the shoutout, and your pic does not look bad at all. quit being silly :)

Usha said...

This looks really good...will give this a try soon :-)

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

beyond beautiful! how lovely.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

That looks delicious!