Thursday, October 30, 2008

VeganMoFo – Spaghetti Squash, 2 Ways

I love spaghetti squash. I love to bake it, I love to fork it when it’s done, and I love to eat it because it tastes so good.

The first spaghetti squash meal was The Happy Herbivore’s Fiesta Spaghetti Squash.



This was a little reminiscent of Vcon’s Spaghetti Squash Mexicana and a great way to enjoy the squash.


The next meal was spaghetti squash tossed with my White Bean Garlic Sauce and mushrooms I used for the Daring Bakers pizza. This was a more traditional way to enjoy the squash and it too was really tasty.


Sheree asked for my sauce recipe, so here it is. FYI, Jessy posted a White Bean Gravy recently that looks similar.


White Bean Garlic Sauce

Makes 1-1/2 cups

1 can (15 oz.) cannelini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
5 cloves garlic, chopped
½ t. kosher salt
¼ t. black pepper
½ t. red pepper flakes
1 t. Italian seasoning
1 T. olive oil
2 T. white balsamic or rice wine vinegar
¼ cup milk

Put all into a food processor and blend until smooth.

=======================================

I also made Roasted Radishes, which was posted by Stephanie at yum, yum kidcupcake!
She said they tasted like steak. I wasn’t craving steak, but I was curious.


I didn’t taste steak, but I did enjoy the radishes roasted. That’s what has been so great about the Vegan Month of Food. I have so many of your recipes bookmarked and I’ve really learned a lot from you all.

Final MoFo post tomorrow!

14 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

FABULOUS!!! I can't get enough spaghetti squash these days.

MoFo has definitely been amazing this year!!

Katy said...

I just bought a HUGE spaghetti squash today, so maybe I'll try HH's recipe or the V'con one!

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe MoFo is at an end! And you have posted every day if I remember correctly, right??! Whoah.

I've never been a fan of spaghetti squash, but so many people are wild about it that I must give it another try.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Your spaghetti squash strand look so perfect!! Thanks for posting the sauce recipe. Roasted radishes sound interesting...seems kinda wierd that it could ever taste like steak.
You have totally rocked mofo. Have you missed a day yet? I am seriously impressed.

Sheree' said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't wait to try this sauce. I am so excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never thought of roasting radishes!
Thank you for all the spaghetty squash ideas. This year this squash has made its first appearance in german grocery stores and I am willing to try it.

Anonymous said...

I have never thought of roasting radishes either - but now I have to try it - and I too love the psgetti (imitating my 3-year-old) squash!

jessy said...

isn't spaghetti squash so much fun?! i had some the other day for breakfast (yeah, i love it that much! ahahhaahahaa!) with some tomatoes & chickpeas - mmmmmmm! i LOVE your idea to put some of your wonderful white bean sauce on top! it looks stellar & thanks for the recipe! i've never heard of white balsamic vinegar, i'm gonna have to check it out... thanks, Diann! :) thank you for the shout-out! you're too sweet!

roasting radishes?! that's craziness! and something i totally want to try, too! how cool!

ooooooh, i just love your blog - so many yummies i need to try! it's glorious!

allularpunk said...

i have never made spaghetti squash, but i want to! thanks for the suggestions on how to enjoy it. i think the white bean sauce looks great!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you said "I love to fork it when its done" tee hee. that is too funny!

Amy said...

YUM! I'm coming over for dinner!! I've been desperately trying to get spaghetti squash over here. Alas all the greengrocers keep telling me they haven't seen it in 20 years or so :(

Rose said...

I LOVE spaghetti squash too! Roasted radishes sound very interesting.

Andrea said...

I love spaghetti squash and that white bean sauce looks so good as a topping. Thanks for posting the recipe!

A.M. said...

That sauce looks wonderful; I bookmarked it.

And roasting radishes sounds interesting. That's what I love about vegan blogs as well: I've learned so much!