Saturday, October 18, 2008

VeganMoFo – Day 18!


It’s been a busy day and tonight we have a big home football game. ESPN is here and the weather is beautiful!

Today was my CSA pickup day, and in my box I got a huge bunch of greens, arugula (my fave!), sweet peppers, hot peppers, onions, okra (blech – gave it to my neighbor), eggplant (which I also don’t like but will try to disguise is something), garlic, yellow tomatoes, and radishes.

Naturally with all this fresh produce, my overflow fridge went out a few days ago. I know people have been doing the “what’s in your freezer” game, so I thought I would show you how stuffed my fridge is. Here’s the top half:


And the drawers.


I hope Chase comes for dinner tomorrow night. Did you notice the big bowl of Black Bean Salad? I told you it gets requested for every get-together.

I made an arugula salad for lunch and tried to eat up the rest of my grape tomatoes from the last CSA box.


Then I made a test recipe for Ricki, her Almond Cookies. These are so amazing and turned out really nice.


Some people (who, me?) have to have chocolate in their treats, so I put a little chocolate frosting on about half of them.



I’m not going to eat all the chocolate ones, I promise.

16 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for fresh produce and a stocked fridge!!

Oooh, I LOVE how you smothered the almond cookies with frosting - yum!! :0)

Anonymous said...

I love Clint's salsa. Your fridge looks a lot like mine... we vegan Texans must eat a lot of the same food :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a great way to use your eggplant, Veggie Taco Filling. Recipe at the bottom of this page http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_01-27-2008/Simply_Delicious

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Well, call me ignorant but I'd never seen purple peppers before today.
Your cookies look so good with the chocolate frosting! You gotta have chocolate, it's the cookie law! :)

Anonymous said...

Those purple peppers are new to me, too (though they look good. . .)! I'd have happily taken your okra--it's one of my very favorite veggies!

The cookies look great! I like the chocolate option, too (you know me--chocolate anything is good!). Oh, and re: your comment on my blog--of COURSE I know you followed the recipe!! ;)

Simple and Divine said...

Your blog is SUCH a fave of mine!! Ahh, Diann I adore it so! And those PURPLE PEPPERS! That produce totally puts me in a zen like state! Thank you loverdove!

Sheree' said...

YOu will be eating like a Vegan Queen with all those delicious, fresh, veggies! I really want to try thos almond cookies, without chocolate please.

Anonymous said...

Can I eat all the chocolate frosted cookies for you? I'm pretty good at that.

Beautiful, colorful photos, as always!

A.M. said...

The produce looks gorgeous.

And thanks for sharing the picture of your fridge. I always feel that only my fridge is stuffed to the brim...

Jen Treehugger said...

I'm sad you don't like Okra. I LOVE it so much but NEVER see it fresh here.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all that fresh produce! I would love to take the okra & eggplant off your hands.
Aren't those cookies great? I'm blogging about them soon...but I didn't think to frost them, silly me!

Catherine Weber said...

Diann, I'd take one of those eggplants off your hands, too! (And the okra, for that matter!)

P.S. I made your pumpkin muffins today . . . thank you SO MUCH for sharing your recipe! They are incredibly delicious. YUM!!!

aTxVegn said...

Yay, Catherine! I'm so glad you enjoyed the muffins.

Amey said...

ha ha!
I love the fridge picture. That's how my fridge looks a lot of the time!

Vegan_Noodle said...

I am a true believer that adding a little chocolate to any dessert only makes it better... so I think adding it on those cookies is perfect!
I love peeking inside everyone's fridge and freezer but am a bit embarassed to post my own (mostly bare since hurricane and traveling, plus I"m unorganized). Looks like you have a good system for storing all the amazing things you cook!

Erin said...

There's so much summer produce still in your veggie box! That's great.