Tuesday, October 07, 2008

VeganMoFo – Personalized Food

I got an email today from Hungry Girl that said *Personalized Food* is the newest food trend. She pointed out the [me]&goji website where you can custom make your own cereal, name it, and have it shipped to you. There’s even a gluten free cereal base made from corn, flax, amaranth, and quinoa that kinda looks like fritos. To the base you can add in more grains, fruits, and nuts. It also calculates the nutrition data per serving as you create. *Diann’s Special Stash* would be gluten free cereal with coconut, mulberries, and chocolate covered cranberries added in. Check it out!


For your picture today you get another tester recipe. Here are Ricki’s Chocolate Mint Chocolate Cookies. These are soft but sturdy cookies with excellent flavor.




I’m so lucky to be a tester.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

what a great link! Im really tempted to try that out. I need a high fiber cereal more than 10g is what I look for, but in the store most of them are either extremely high in fat as well, or extremely bland. Im going to go see what they've got, :)

allularpunk said...

want!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hehe, I love the Hungry Girl emails :0)

FABULOUS COOKIES!!!! Ahh, if I had more time, I'd be able to test for Ricki too :0(

Bex said...

*sings* I need this booooook, I need more cooookieees

Anonymous said...

Cool link! And for a sec there, I thought I was seeing double--cookies JUST LIKE THOSE are sitting on my counter! (And lucky me, really--thanks so much!). :)

Monika K said...

Danggit! I hate tester photos because they mean no recipe (and the chocolate mint combo is my favorite!). (:

Amey said...

mmmm... tester photos always make me jealous. especially tester photos of cookies when I'm sitting here craving dessert!

personalized food... hm. I'll have to think on that.

Anonymous said...

I've heard so many good things about those cookies now. They look great.

We have a similar site in Germany. It is called "my muesly" and you can also select your own cereal and muesli mixtures. Quite a nice idea.

Sheree' said...

How fun! Making your cereal to your own standards, love it! You really are one lucky tester. DH would be beside himself tasting all the treats from this upcoming cookbook. I bet Chase is loving it too. :o)

Sheree' said...

How fun! Making your cereal to your own standards, love it! You really are one lucky tester. DH would be beside himself tasting all the treats from this upcoming cookbook. I bet Chase is loving it too. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the personalized cereals - how fun!
I also feel sooooo lucky to be a tester for Ricki! She's so cool, and those cookies, damn! Delicious!

Usha said...

I love the idea of being able to personalize cereals....and lucky you, you are able to taste these yummy looking cookies :-)

donesmoking said...

interesting...thanks for the link

Bethany said...

that's a neat site. mmm... chocolicious. recipe testing sounds like fun.

Erin said...

The cereal site is fun! Today I would choose the artisinal cereal with wheat germ, raisins, cranberries, flax and almonds.

The cookies look amazing!